Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Wednesday, October 11, 2017

2017 miles Day 281

Today's Message from Mr. Tony Garcia. 

This. A whisper from my heart.
In a world full of Snapchats
I desire meaningful conversations
In a world limited to 140 characters
I want my character to speak volumes
In a world of disappearing stories
I hope to leave a lasting message
In a world filled with a negative newsfeed
I will try to nourish the positive
In a world where darkness often falls
I believe in standing as a light
In a world screaming, "I have the right to"
I pray my rights never do another wrong
In a world making excuses for hatred
I need no excuses for offering love
In a world...it only takes one to make a change. Let it be I. ~G

********************************
"In a world...it only takes one to make a change. Let it be I." As you start your day today, BE that light, that message, that change ... BE the one with character speaking with your actions not hateful words.  

It's a beautiful morning.  I started my day drying another batch of apples.  Right now, the temp is 38 degrees and wind speed of 3 mph.  I did a 6 mile run Monday, took yesterday off - didn't get a chance to squeeze in a run, and I'm OK with that.  We had a lot of things that needed done. (license/registration of a new car, grocery shopping, bread baking, laundry, apple juicing...)  Before I knew it, the day was gone and the run that was planned for late afternoon didn't happen.  The "before you know it" time thing is another reason for running in the morning.  And so, that is what I'm going to do right now.  Lace up my shoes and 

GET OUT THERE ... there's work to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment