Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Monday, December 29, 2014

Reflection

Look  in a mirror.  What do you see?  I did that - and didn't really like it that much.  No, not in the context of Marie Osmond in the Nutrasystem commercial, but in the context of where I am and have been emotionally.  I saw a woman looking back at me that I didn't recognize.  Sure, she had my nose, my chin, my mouth, but there was something missing.  She looked tired and drained of energy.   I looked away, shut off the light, and walked out.

When will I be ready to stand face to face with myself and commit to making some changes in my life?  What "demons" will I need to confront and kick out............  what "angels" stay....................

Today was a start - I looked in the mirror.




No comments:

Post a Comment