Welcome to My Garden

We may walk on different paths, but we follow the same footprints.

This year I'm focusing on improving my running and overall health by taking the 2017 Mile Challenge and seeing where the journey takes me. I'm also revisiting the Monthly Challenge started by Nephew Jason in 2009.

I'll try to post something every day. It may be a short inspirational quote or a longer narrative. Please join me......

"If you don't try, you won't know you can."


Friday, January 27, 2012

T - 113 Days

"In order to succeed, we must first believe we can."  --Nikos Kazantzakis

Sounds so simple doesn't it.  Like the lyrics - "I believe I can fly" .  Just four simple words; "I believe I can....."   It's true.  A thirteen mile race is possible.  I know it, I believe it, therefore I can ....

Yesterday was a rest day - did a 1 mile walk on the treadmill while watching TV.  Good thing to do after Wednesday's long run.  Today, on the other hand, I worked on keeping up speed and not giving in to the desire to slow down.  It was cold and windy outside so turned on my favorite cooking hostess, Paula Dean, and ran on the treadmill.  Final distance after 50 min was 5.28 miles.  (Changed speed after every minute to keep it interesting)  I also included some weight lifting into todays work out.

run on..............

No comments:

Post a Comment